image courtesy of Tankut Beygu
Archive view of the opening ceremony of Aliağa primary school in 1933, the building which had been known as Baltazzi House. Emanuele Baltazzi had this house and the big Çiflik [farm] of Ali Ağa since around 1850 and then passed to the older son Aristide Bey then to his son Edward. According to Alex Baltazzi, the house had originally three floors and that one floor was lost during a bombardement (British naval bombardment during WWI?). Unfortunately, the building was demolished in 1972 in order to build a ‘better’ one. Below view of the same house from earlier times:
image courtesy of Alex Baltazzi